PL/SQL and Batch Script

From: atta ur-rehman <atta707_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2001 20:39:01 -0700

Dear all,

in SQL*Plus we are able to copy-paste a script like:

insert into table1 values(1)
/

insert into table1 values(2)
/

.
.
.

/

and all the statements are process in turn until list is exhuasted.

my question is: is it possible to do the same, or is there an equvilant way to do it, in PL/SQL? Basically I want to send a varchar2 parameter, consisting of an arbitrary number and types of SQL DMLs, and want to be able to submit it to the Oracle for processing them all. e.g:

queries varchar2 := 'insert into table1 values(1); insert into tablex values('x)';
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE queries;

currently that doesn't work, of course. is there a way to achieve this behavior in a PL/SQL block. We're on Oracle 8.1.6, Windows NT.

Thanks in advance for help.

regards,

:) ATTA Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 22:39:01 CDT