Re: SQL*Loader and date/time datatypes

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:49:56 +0200

Try the following controlfile:

load data
truncate into table my_test
fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"' (

	my_date position (1) date 'YYYYMMDD'
	, my_time position (*) date 'HH24.MI.SS'
)

This worked for me in Linux EE 8.1.7.1.1. However, the day part of my_time is set to the first of the current month. If you just want the time you have to strip away this part (my_time - trunc (my_time)) but then you do no longer have a date type variable but a duration (= number).

Martin