Re: Oracle and NFS

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2001 19:15:51 -0700

In article <jzs27.322962$p33.6515371_at_news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>, "Jim says...

>IDE is very CPU intensive.

yes, exceedingly so.

>NFS is not supported by Oracle.

with certain NAS vendors it is. see

http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/database/storage/index.html?content.html

for info.

>You will generate gobs of network traffic.

these things are typically wired to the boxes they need to support -- they are actually very fast and highly reliable....

This ain't NFS as we used to know....