Oracle and NFS

From: Thomulus <t_l_crider_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:22:13 -0500

Okay, I'm just wondering why one would or would not want to run oracle (datafiles, control files, redologs, oracle_home) over NFS? Trying to get some data on this subject as management thinks a very cheap NAS, IDE storage device running NFS is our storage and performance solution. All comments appreciated.

Thom Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 16:22:13 CDT