Re: Oracle 8 and password

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:30:34 -0700

Sebastiaan van Gelder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed Oracle 8 and create an own database.
> Now, when I will start the database, Oracle ask me for a password for
> Oracle8 Startup.
> Does Anybody know what this password is.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sebastiaan

Doesn't anyone ever read the installation documents any more?

This question comes up over and over and over and over and over and over ....

And the answers are clearly documented in the installation instructions.

Please do yourself and everyone else a favor ... read them.

It will save you needless hours of frustration.

The default passwords are:

sys            change_on_install
system       manager

And after you have your database up and running follow the advice contained in the sys password. Issue the following:

ALTER USER sys
IDENTIFIED BY <new password>;

ALTER USER system
IDENTIFIED BY <new password>;'

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 17:30:34 CDT