Oracle8i LONG datatype insert problems

From: John Ritter <ritterjh_at_river.it.gvsu.edu>
Date: 9 Jul 2001 11:16:12 -0700

I am currently working with ColdFusion 4.5 and Oracle8i on a Sun Solaris box.

I receive the following message due to an insert of over 4000 characters only into a LONG field. I have already confirmed that it is a LONG field and it does work under 4000 characters

Error Diagnostic Information
ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)

[MERANT][ODBC Oracle 8 driver][Oracle 8]ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value
only for insert into a LONG column

I would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thank you. Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 13:16:12 CDT