Snapshot Instantiation -Help required

From: Matthew <matthew.o.linnard_at_britishairways.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:10:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking to implement replication using simple snapshots to replace our 'in house' replication system. My main concern is how best to convert the current tables on the target system into snapshots. Some of these table are extremely big upto 40gb. I've heard and read about offline instantiation, but this appears to be geared towards a new replication site. This is not the case for me as the tables that will be replaced by snapshots already exist on the target system

Has anybody done this sort of thing and what method did you find the most successful ?

TIA Matthew Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 11:10:41 CDT