2 version Oracle in the same Server?

From: JK Yao <jkyf0131_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2001 19:21:14 -0700

dear all,

Is it possible to install two different verion Oracle Server in the same server? Our company is planning to upgrade database from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6. Can I install different version in another partition? If I can, after I install both of them, how to decide which version is running?

plz clarify. Thanks a lot.

JK
DBA, MMI Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 21:21:14 CDT