Re: How do you think about performance-based certification?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 06:29:07 -0700

Dino Hsu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A new association called The Field Certified Professional Association
> (FCPA) has been established as in this piece of news:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/fcpa.html
>
> This organization promotes hands-on performance tests (as done in CCIE
> exams) in addition to the dominating multiple choice tests.
> Unfortunately, Oracle hasn't become a member yet, is it why OCP's are
> not convincing enough as proof of skills? How do you think about this?
>
> Dino

It is 50% of it for me. The other part is that these exams rarely deal with the actual requirements of the job. Many exam questions, at least to me, are more like playing a game of trivia: What obscure information can we make someone learn?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jul 07 2001 - 08:29:07 CDT