ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Rob Lyle <rob_at_consus.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:36:46 +0100

Hello people,

I'm being dumb I'm sure, as I've checked everything I know I should check (obviously not).

Could someone tell me where to look to stop Oracle croaking with this?

Setup: Linux 8.1.6 client connecting to Solaris (SPARC) 8.1.7 server.

I've checked DNS forward/reverse resolution on both server and client, checked tnsnames.ora (the Oracle GUI puts some garbage in their if you use that to define the connection). I've defined TWO_TASK also with the global database name.

Cheers,

--Rob. Received on Fri Jul 06 2001 - 05:36:46 CDT