Extent Allocation

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2001 11:26:56 -0700

Can someone refresh my memory? If I have a fragmented tablespace, but one that includes 100MB of space, all in small chunks, if I go to allocated a 50 MB extent, will it fail if it cannot find 50MB of contiguous space?

I seem to remember that this was the case with 7.3. It that still the case with 8.1.6 and higher?

Thank you. Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:26:56 CDT