Does Real Application Clusters require a clustering OS to work?

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:45:46 +0200

I thought Real Application Clusters must be combined with clustering software at the OS level. But there is a configuration certified for SUSE Linux:

http://www.compaq.com/partners/oracle/ISSG Config Details 1.html

I don't think SUSE distribution include any clustering software. I am confused. May anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks, Cristian

--

Cristian Veronesi ><(((( > http://www.crpa.it

"L'empirismo   una serie di sbagli, e pi  sbagli pi  senti
 che stai crescendo, che vivi." (Luigi Meneghello)