NUMBER to VARCHAR2 column conversion

From: sarah <sarahm_at_vetassess.com.au>
Date: 1 Jul 2001 22:44:11 -0700

Hi,

This may seem like a really stupid question but I need to change the datatype in a column in an existing table from NUMBER to VARCHAR2 datatype. Because the rows in the table aren't null i need another method other than alter table modify.... to preserve the existing info in the column. What is the best tool to use and why? (and most importantly how?) SQLLoader? Direct-Load Insert? Or is there some other way around this...

Could you please email replies to me at sarahm_at_vetassess.com.au.

Thanks in advance,

sarah Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 00:44:11 CDT