Re: 8.1.6 Personal installation

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 09:00:16 GMT

On 30 Jun 2001 21:30:40 -0700, akhmatoff_at_yahoo.com (Akhmatoff) wrote:

>Dear friends! After installing Personal Oracle8i to my PC (Win98) I
>can't work with it, because the installation is not completed (only
>64MB RAM, and DB can't be created automaticaly). Therefore, I try to
>do it manualy.
>So, what does the phrase "run the DBMA" from Oracle documentation mean
>(step-by-step)? Thank you.

Hi,

Oracle Personal 8.1.6/Win98 needs 96 Mb of RAM for autoinstallation to run. 64 MB is probably inadequate in any case, but if you want to try it anyway, here's how:

  1. Open Oracle Database Configuration Assistant
  2. Follow the steps to create a new database
  3. When you are offered the choice between creating the database now or wait, you choose wait.
  4. Save the database creation scripts as suggested and remember the location.
  5. Shut down as many programs as possible -> Save RAM
  6. Run the script you saved in 4)
  7. Good luck !

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt