Re: OraFocus.com: Request for comments on DBA Tool

From: koert54 <k_at_k.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 12:30:11 GMT

Personally I was thinking on starting a community effort on writing a tool like DUL (data unloader)
It's a tool from Oracle that costs like 250$/hour and it'll extract data from your datafiles to sql loader
flatfiles or exp dump files. It's used as a last resort when your database crashes and there's no valid backup. Heck - I've even used it when there wasn't even a System TS !!!!
I've seen no other tool like it and it would be a great idea to create an open source project
around it !

cheers,
Kurt