Re: LMT concurrency

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 14:41:16 +0100

I've just run a slightly extreme test.
3 concurrent processes creating a
 table in an LMT with 32K uniform
extents - Each table was defined
with (initial 600MB) leading to an
initial allocation of about 19,800 extents.

Total elapsed time 2 Minutes. (And 12
seconds to drop concurrently).

There were a few seconds of lost
time on log file switches - I only had
5MB logs. A couple of seconds lost
to latches, buffer busy waits, and
enqueue waits.

The buffer busy waits were for type
10 ('unused') buffers. The few latch
sleeps were scattered across all
sorts of things, and the enqueues were
split between TX, TT, and HW.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Host to The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html

Scrensaver or Lifesaver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.