Oracle for AIX doubt

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:21:55 +0200

We are currently running Oracle on a desupported platform (SCO Openserver) so we have to choose a new OS. We wish to stay with Unix. I read a Metalink document that affirms that, starting from 9i, the only unix systems supported will be Tru64, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux. I would like to move to AIX but in the "General Notes For Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition On IBM RS/6000 AIX" appears this sentence: "There are no current projected certifications for the new AIX 5L on 9i." I'm really confused. How can Oracle say that he will support AIX if he refuses even to project to certificate his product on the new OS release?

Best regards, Cristian

--

Cristian Veronesi ><(((( > http://www.crpa.it

"Ma quella roba bianca sopra non   zucchero vanigliato. E` muffa.
 E tutti l  a dire: che buono, sa di funghi!" (A. Baricco)