Re: Connect INTERNAL ??? / WAS(Re: Getting SYSDBA rights on Oracle 7.3.4 )

From: Luuk <luuk_at_doge.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:38:05 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in bericht news:tjphe4oclo0n81_at_beta-news.demon.nl...

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I did a fresh install on NT4(SP6) of Oracle 7.3.4
> > >
> > > When i type "CONNECT SYS AS SYSDBA;" at the SVRMGR prompt, Oracle
 replies
> > > with an error "ORA-01031 insufficient privieges"
> > > The documentation states that i should have those rights by default,
 so
 i'm

 The docs said:

||To Use Operating System Authentication
||1. Set up the user to be authenticated by the operating system.
||2. Make sure that the initialization parameter, REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD, is
set to NONE, which is the ||default value for this parameter.

so i didnt check, but it is on SHARED, when i change this to NONE, will there be any other site effects?

Greetings and thanks,
Luuk Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:38:05 CDT