Connect INTERNAL ??? / WAS(Re: Getting SYSDBA rights on Oracle 7.3.4 )

From: Luuk <luuk_at_doge.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:04:10 +0200

"lv" <-luuk_at_doge.nl> schreef in bericht news:9hhj7b$qac$1_at_news.hccnet.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I did a fresh install on NT4(SP6) of Oracle 7.3.4
>
> When i type "CONNECT SYS AS SYSDBA;" at the SVRMGR prompt, Oracle replies
> with an error "ORA-01031 insufficient privieges"
> The documentation states that i should have those rights by default, so
 i'm
> puzzled
> Any help is welcome,
>
> Luuk

Search the internet, (deeper than before the first message) and came up with the following:
I can connect as 'INTERNAL'
but i am alos able to connect from my workstation to the server, WITHOUT PASSWORD! My question: is it possible to dissalow someone to connect as INTERNAL ? What should i change to dissallow loggin in as INTERNAL for everyone except 'Administrator'?

Luuk Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 07:04:10 CDT