Re: Bug fix 1489683

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:51:42 -0500

i filed a TAR with oracle support, and they provided me with one of the patches (for 8.1.7.1 on HP-UX) mentioned in one of the Covert Labs security notice. The notice identifies the number as a "bug number", oracle support provided me a SQL*Net patch with the same number.

we have not yet installed the patch on our test box. we have some application release testing underway.

i received two security notices from Covert ... no feedback yet from oracle about the other "bug number"...