Re: Oracle Security alert!

From: Jeffrey M. Smith <jsmith_at_purdue.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:04:50 -0500

"James Williams" <willjamu_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3b3c4d13.26037845_at_nntp.mindspring.com...

> http://update.informationweek.com/cgi-bin4/flo?y=eD3B0BdUhF0V20PUQ0Ax
>

> Anyone hit by this yet?

Has anyone been able to find the patch for this or the problem mentioned in the other Covert Labs advisory? I've searched high and low on metalink and haven't been able to find any reference to the bug IDs (1489683, 1656431) or patches for those bugs. The metalink networking forum has three postings from others who haven't been able to find the patches either.

Covert labs sent two advisories to the Bugtraq mailing list yesterday. Each advisory claimed, as did the Infoweek article, that the problem had been resolved and patches were available on metalink. I've opened a TAR asking for the patches, but if anyone knows where they are I'd like to get them sooner.

The Covert labs advisories are here:

http://www.pgp.com/research/covert/advisories.asp

TIA for any help.

Jeff Smith, Purdue University Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:04:50 CDT