Re: Errors while trying to import a Full Database export

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:01:41 +0100

comments embedded
<aminocha_at_herold.com> wrote in message news:9hi3os$mtc$1_at_news.netmar.com...

> Hi,
> I have created the database with the exact same tablespace names (their
> location might not be same), rollback segments and users.
>
> Now when trying to do a full import I get a lot of errors as below. I
 tried
> searching for information on whether I should ignore them or take some
> corrective action but could not find any.

You have a number of errors

  1. your public rollback segments do not get created. You can ignore this if you manually create them.
  2. Your advanced queing tables don't get created, presumably because it has changed massively between 8.0 and 8.1.7. This can be ignored and instead make sure 8i advanced queing (if needed) is installed correctly.

> Also why is the import trying to import system objects. It should not.
>
> If somebody can please guide me on this I will be very thankful.

A full import always imports system (and other privileged schemas) objects.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA