8.1.7 upgrade problem

From: Robert Yeh <robert.yeh_at_qwest.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:44:47 -0400

upgrade from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7. HP UNIX. Weblogic jdbc driver.

We are experiencing problem with the 8.1.7 upgrade. When calling ResultSet.getInt() method to get an integer column from the database, we get "NumberFormatException" exception. It only happens when the field is null but it does not happen all the time. Some null fields get set to value 0 like it suppose to, some throw exceptions.

This is with weblogic jdbc driver. Using Oracle jdbc driver seems to be fine. If anyone has any info regarding to this issue we appreciated.

Bob

java.rmi.RemoteException: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NumberFormatException - ''

        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.rmi.RemoteException.<init>(RemoteException.java:56)
        at com.qwest.control.util.ejb.HttpLinkServiceBean.getImages(Compiled
Code)
        at

com.qwest.control.util.ejb.HttpLinkServiceBeanEOImpl.getImages(HttpLinkServi ceBeanEOImpl.java:103)

        at
com.qwest.control.util.ejb.HttpLinkServiceBeanEOImpl_WLSkel.invoke(HttpLinkS erviceBeanEOImpl_WLSkel.java:98)

        at weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicServerObjectAdapter.invoke(Compiled Code)

        at
weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicRequestHandler.handleRequest(Compiled Code)

        at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)