Re: Passing the OCP Exam

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:45:54 -0400

I can tell you that the STS test are a very good study tool. I managed to pass one of my test using only the STS to study from. (Yes I think that lowers the value of the test but that is another discussion) For most of the test I got the books for the oracle classes from someone that had attended. The actual OCP test seems to take a lot of its questions directly from these books. You can usually find them on Ebay for much less than it cost to take the actual class. Get them and work through them so you understand what is happening and why.

Chris
OCP Developer/Internet Developer (and 40% of the DBA track so far)

Ravi Alluru <ravica_at_quixnet.net> wrote in message news:9hi5fp$lg7$1_at_news.sinet.slb.com...
> Hi Rux,
> I was also interested in doing my OCP. Which training material /books
 did
> you use.
> I am currently working with Geo-Quest / Schlumberger as a DBA/Analyst
 on
> a contract.
> I cannot afford the Oracle trainig course .
> Could you recommend other ways . Or if you have training material which
> you used I could buy it from you.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Ravi Alluru
> mailto:ravica_at_quixnet.net
>
> "Rux" <rltoledo_at_att.net> wrote in message
> > I just passed today the fifth and final exam for Oracle Certified
 Professional (Oracle
> > certified DBA). What should I expect to receive from Oracle, aside from
 the certificate?
> > I read somewhere that Oracle sends a software kit for successful OCP
 candidates. Is this
> > correct? I'm interested to have a copy of Oracle 9i database and AS.
 Is
 the Oracle 9i DB
> > and AS among those that will be sent? If this is true, which version
 and
 platform?