Re: Nested Cursor

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 04:49:12 -0700

Bala wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to have a nested cursor. That is
> for instance, while declaring the first cursor i
> will issue a select statement. And while looping
> this cursor and based on the value of some columns
> returned by this cursor is it possible to built
> another cursor.If so,will u give me sample code.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> Bala

If I understand your request you can easily do it. But sample code you don't need. Just declare the primary cursor and its record first and the child cursor after it. If you will be fetching into variables make sure those variables are declared before the child cursor.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:49:12 CDT