Contention on oraus.msg?

From: Rick Robinson <rick_at_oyarsa.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:17:58 GMT

Has anyone experienced a problem with contention on the file oraus.msg in a high volume, OLTP, OCI-based application? I know the file is used to translate messages, but how is it being opened and used by Oracle? And when in the processing of an OCI statement is this being hit? On the client? On the server? Prior to sending the response? Our internal database execution times look good, but we have occasional slow downs in the response from the OCI statements.

tia,
Oracle 8.1.7.x, single Unix platform with clustered disks (sorry cannot be more specific at this time) Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 19:17:58 CDT