Re: Ynt: Creation of Oracle databases

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:08:53 -0500

Not to quibble, but no-- a database does not exist if the power is off..data files and executables are there ( altho inaccessible until the power is on) but this is not a database... Random words do not make a book, they need to be organized.. data files and programs do not make a database, they need to be organized ( and managed) - the instance does this...

My additional 2c to this almost metaphysical discussion...