Re: Tasks of an Oracle-DBA

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:01:00 GMT

Michiel wrote:

> actually, the best DBA tasks should be:
> none!
>
> If you're a good DBA, all tasks should be initialized and automated... : a
> normal server should be up at least for 500 days.

what absolute crap.

select
to_char(avail_matrix.desup_date,'RRRRMMDD')-to_char(version_stable_patched.release_date,'RRRRMMDD')   from dba_release_patch_cycle_treadmill /

500 days on an oracle release without applying a patch? sounds like MySQL would handle your RDBMS needs.

get real.

I would have to add that "Tasks of an Oracle DBA" would have to include:

or you could bury your head in the sand and quote your uptime.

Paul Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 01:01:00 CDT