Temp tablespace

From: TimP <tim.purcell_at_datelgroup.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 09:33:08 -0700

Hi,
I've got a general query regarding temp tablespaces.

I know that used space in the temp tablespace is not released (pctincrease 0), but if the datafile is set to autoextend, everytime new temp segments are to be created, if it finds no FREE space, will it autoextend as a first resort, or will it attempt to re-use the existing segments.

I've seen a couple of tablespaces where autoextend has been set on and pctincrease to 0 and it has kept growing, even though there was not much sort space being used concurrently.

Any answers ? Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:33:08 CDT