Rebuild an Oracle database after OS crash .

From: Dhananjay Sen <dhananjay_sen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 12:47:24 -0700

Hi

At one of my client sites , the the system disk (drive C ) of NT server hosting the Oracle database has failed . Oracle Server , DB files , control files are available in other two disks ( Drives D and E ) . There was no backup available for the Database and OS .

OS has been reinstalled in a new system disk ( Drive C) . The new NT registry does not have any entry for Oracle . Oracle server and database did not start . Do we need to reinstall Oracle Server and recreate database ? Can we reuse old datafiles , control files , redo log files ? We have all datafiles , redo log files intact .

Any help will be hightly appreciated .

Dhananjay Sen Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 14:47:24 CDT