Oracle Instance need long time to startup/shutdown

From: Olaf Schmidt <olaf.schmidt_at_baral.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:33:30 +0200

Hallo NG,

Today I have installed Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition on A Windows NT-Machine with SP4 as service. After start the machine the instance need 3 minutes to start and 2 additional minutes for initializing itself. The same happens at the shutdown-process and when using the Servicecontrol of NT. When I use the servermanager manually the instance starts and shutdown only with the commands "startup" and "shutdown" immediatly.

Any ideas??

Regards, Olaf Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:33:30 CDT