Re: status when running an long run insert query

From: frank12345 <fluo_at_stirlingdouglas.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 16:54:12 -0700

"Daniel A. Morgan" <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com> wrote in message news:<3B38CB77.60A0EA0D_at_attws.com>...
> frank12345 wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Could you guys give me some hints for following question?
> > How to check how many rows have been processed while running a long
> > run insert query?
> > I want to monitor the increasing row number.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > Frank
>
> In a cursor loop or just one big INSERT statement?
>
> Daniel A. Morgan

Sorry to confuse your guys.

It is NOT an insert query running many times.

It only one INSERT statement with a bunch of out and inner join for data warehouse program. It usually runs about 8 hours. I need some way to monitor the progress for executing this kind of query.

Frank Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 18:54:12 CDT