Re: locally managed tablespaces

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:50:51 +0100

This may be down to the way your export, or the original table, has been defined. For example, you may have used compress=y on export, which results in the storage definition for the table import being set to the sum of the 40 existing extents.

If you want to see the text that was used to create the table on import, use the 'show = y' feature

e.g.
imp jpl/jpl show=y log=implog tables=(emp)

this will dump the SQL without attempting to load the database.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Host to The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html