Does setQueryTimeout() work on Oracle Thin Driver (8.1.6)

From: Pratap Das <reply_das_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 14:47:14 -0700

Hi all,
I'm calling a stored procedure which executes for a while and I want to put some time limit on this query. I intended to use the setQueryTimeout() to do this but apparently it is not working. For instance, setQueryTimeout(20) does not timeout at all. It just keeps executing and once it returns (say after a couple of minutes), it gives an exception which is unrelated to the setQueryTimeout() call. (In my case it gives "Failed to construct descriptor".) Changing the code to use setQueryTimeout(0) runs the query as usual and returns the resultset successfully.

I did see some posts saying that Oracle's wire-protocol cannot support this method. However, since it's been a while, I thought I'll post & see if this is now supported. If so, any ideas why it's not working?

My environment:
Oracle 8.1.6, Thin Driver. I'm calling the stored procedure from a normal Java client for now (intending to use an EJB to call it, if it works).

Thanks in advance,
--Das Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 16:47:14 CDT