Re: Ynt: Creation of Oracle databases

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:18:13 -0500

Thanks, Howard..I too hate sloppy language, and I had a 'supermodel moment' when replying..As you correctly gathered I was trying to show the analogy to the MS world...
I might quibble however about Instances not having stuff.. If I have 2 or 3 instances running on my server, each of them can access only those objects contained in that instance without involving database links ( a term that tends to continue the confusion of terms) , so , in that sense, the instance does 'have' schemas and the schema objects...