Re: SQL*Net from one server to another

From: Harry Boswell <staryeti_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:42:15 -0500

"TurkBear" <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:a44fjtov2mt2600ni0nqu136b0imt7sgid_at_4ax.com...

> To connect to a remote database the tnsnames.ora file on the Server must
 have
> the entry ( in your case other_server) --
> So you could then use:
> create database link my_other_one connect to user identified by pass using
> 'other_server';
>
> Also, you could, in SqlPlus on the server, do a connect me_at_other_server

  I've created the database link on Server1. The tnsnames.ora file on Server1
has an entry for Server2. I'm trying to connect from Server1 to Server2. I've
tried the database link, and I've tried sqlplus@; in both cases I get the message
"cannot resolve service name". I can telnet back and forth between the servers,
they know about each other, but somehow I'm not getting the connection between
the instances on the two servers talking. Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:42:15 CDT