Re: Are these too harsh ?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2001 21:07:17 -0700

Connor is not testing the candidate's ability to memorize. Only the multiple choice type exam does. If you're at a face to face interview, unless the interviewer is a dummy (like a secretary asking questions prepared by somebody e.g.), you'll be asked questions whose answers can only come out of experience. Connor won't mind if you can't get the syntax of creating a locally managed tablespace right. But he wants to know whether such and such situation is good for a LMT. As a DBA, you have to think and make decisions, which are good only if have done this before in real life, or to a less or equal extent as a lab test, or to an even less or equal extent heard of other people's reallife story or lab test (from conferences or discussion forums etc).

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com