Re: Good DBA Book

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2001 21:41:03 -0700

I followed the same advice a few years ago and bought the second book you mentioned. It's a good one but I've rarely touched it since what's in there is in documentation. What's not in documentation is in books by Steve Adams, Jonathan Lewis, James Morle, and their Web sites plus metalink. Because I so strongly believe what's the value in a book, one of my book reviews at Amazon.com is titled "How to write a book adding value to manuals" (the book is David Kreine's Oracle Database Administration).

That being said, Kevin Loney is a good guy and his book is accurate, free of erros (I haven't found one) and worth reading if a computer is not readily available.

Yong Huang