Re: dbstart, dbstop

From: Ravi Alluru <ravica_at_quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:16:58 -0500

Thanks,
  That helped. But what I need to know is that the oratab entries ( as specified in the comments) seem to only bring up the particular listed instance , up during a server restart (if the option Y is used).

   Does it also bring down the instance when the server is shut down. There is no information that states that it does. Or should I continue using the scriptd I creatd to bring it down (in /etc/rc2.d). Any further info on this would be appreciated.

--
Ravi Alluru
Independent IS Consultant