Re: Server Manager in Oracle9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:14:10 +1000

Quirky bits of documentation do pop up from time to time... the general thrust has been clear for a long time. It featured prominently in all the training materials for 8.0, for example. On the other hand, there's one slide on the 8i DBA course material that still shows a 'connect internal' example... I happen to know it to be a hang over from the version 7 material that's never been updated. These things happen, I guess.

As for that document you quoted: I didn't see it actually *asking* you to use server manager, merely showed examples of server manager being used to run sql scripts and so on.

But yes, I agree... there can be scope for confusion with documentation. However, 9i is a different story... the absence of internal and server manager has been very well touted in advance.

Regards

 http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle8i/files/readmelinuxia64.html