Re: How can I monitor .....

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 02:20:59 GMT

I'd recommend Oracle Enterprise Manager [OEM] - Diagnostic Pack, or StatsPack. Or you could write your own utillity. Or you could get a freeware or purchased utility to do this (I'm sure lots of people will give advice on this aspect).

OEM is free with the database (See technet documentation for installation, etc.) but Diagnostics Pack, which has exactly this functionality and more, does require an additional license.

StatsPack is a major enhancement of bstat/estat and a lot more - there is a decent Oracle Press book titled "Oracle High Performance Tuning with STATSPACK" which includes a section on gathering long term trend stats. Oracle Press can be accessed through Technet (http://technet.oracle.com)

/Hans