Re: Server Manager in Oracle9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:16:24 +1000

Gawd!

Oracle 8i made it pretty clear that (1) all administrative tasks were to be performed using SQL Plus and (2) that Internal was to be de-supported, and the only legitimate Privileged User connect string was to be 'connect sys/password as sysdba'.

You have to have been wilfully turning a blind eye not to see these developments coming. They've been discussed at enormous length on this news group alone.

Regards