Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Redhat 7.1

From: Claus L. Rasmussen <clr_at_cc-consult.dk>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:28:25 +0200

Steve Lewis wrote:

> Any ideas? It's a brand new Redhat 7.1 install, I haven't done anything
> else with it. <shrug> It seems that most of the problems people have is
> with drive space, swap space, or memory space, and then actual cpio'ing
> ... this hasn't seemed to come up yet.

I do not recognize your symptoms, but to install Oracle 9i on RedHat 7.1 at all, you need to upgrade/downgrade the binutils package. You can get a newer version from ftp.kernel.org .

Remember also not to activate runInstaller from a directory included in the path to runInstaller. If for example you have the unpackaged Oracle files in /home/oracle/oracle9i you should start the runInstaller from a directory different from /home, /home/oracle, and /home/oracle/oracle9i .

A little crazy yes, but thats how I managed to get it work.

        -Claus Received on Sat Jun 23 2001 - 13:28:25 CDT