Installing Oracle 9i on Redhat 7.1

From: Steve Lewis <steven.k.lewis_at_att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 05:02:02 GMT

Okay, so I've unpacked all the downloaded files, am running ./runInstaller, and then I start to get errors like "this file couldn't make a link to this" ... several times. The installer allows me to "Ignore" these errors, but by the time it actually tries to start the database, it completely fails because some of the links it was expecting aren't there.

I think I have my swap space, and enough HD space going now, so what else am I missing? I'm using a user "oracle" to do the runInstaller, and I cpio it under the same user. I even chmod /tmp to 777 and that takes out a few of the link errors, but ultimately it fails.

Any ideas? It's a brand new Redhat 7.1 install, I haven't done anything else with it. <shrug> It seems that most of the problems people have is with drive space, swap space, or memory space, and then actual cpio'ing ... this hasn't seemed to come up yet.

Thanks,
Steve Received on Sat Jun 23 2001 - 00:02:02 CDT