Re: BLOB

From: Dave Grantier <dave_at_foobar.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 01:47:41 GMT

There are lots of possibilities here (without knowing your v of Oracle, design, sql queries, OTLP vs. DSS, etc.)

Here are some general thoughts:
* look at the SQL. Build appropriate indexes on separate a tablespace assigned to a separate hardware channel. * Look at the database block size. It is possible that a 64 byte block size could help if you are grabbing lots of BLOB data very often. It's possible. Changing the block size, at least in 8.0.5 will require rebuilding the database.
* Allocate large extents for the table holding the blobs.

Just some thoughts.

On 22 Jun 2001 10:47:35 -0700, chaya.patamalla_at_usaa.com (chaya) wrote:

> I have a lot of BLOB's in my database.
> It stores a number of PDF documents which are pulled through the
> internet.
> Are there any recommendations on tuning since large amounts of data is
> inserted and selected.
> It is kind of slow.
>
> Any help in this matter is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Chaya

Dave

|nojunkmail_at_nospam.com| bellsouth.net |
|nospam_at_nojunkmail.com| davegrantier@ |