Upgrading from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:50:13 +0800

Dear all,

If we are going to upgrade from 8.0.5 on Windows NT SP3 to 8.1.7 for Windows 2K (Compaq proliant server with 80G HDD from 6x18.2G RAID disks, 1G RAM, 4 Intel CPU's), i.e., database as well as the OS, how would you plan to do it for an OLAP database (a reasonable down-time is allowed) with tens of giga bytes data. I wish I don't have to format my disk so that I can keep them there as they are without the hustles of moving them around.

I need real world strategy, if your answer is 'go for some documentation' kind of stuff as usually did by S* B*, please do not post. Thanks in advance.

Dino Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 21:50:13 CDT