Re: What's default username and password for ORACLE 8i(newbie)

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:30:05 -0700

Jackson Zhu wrote:

> Hi, Everyone
>
> I am newbie to oracle, would you mind telling me the default username and
> password for oracle dba. As for Sybase, I know, it is sa and NULL, how about
> Oracle?, you know, I can not login after installation of oracle 8i.
>
> Regards

Have you considered reading the installation documentation that came on the CD you loaded? And there is no such thing as 'oracle dba'. The default users are SYS and SYSTEM.

I'm going to give you far better help by being slightly obtuse than I could give you by providing the passwords. I am going to suggest that you start your Oracle education on the right foot and read the installation docs. Those that don't ... don't learn Oracle they just hack around and make messes.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 11:30:05 CDT