Re: How to tell how long an instance has been running

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:12:25 GMT

Daniel,

> You can also run listener status to find out how long the listener has been
> up:

This assumes that you started the listener whenever you started your database. When I bring my databases down for their weekly cold backups, I don't bring the listener down. So in my environment, my listener may be running for months while my database may only be running for a few days.

HTH,
Brian Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 08:12:25 CDT