sort/select discrepancy with umlaut Oracle 7

From: Thomas Noone <cash_at_cash-gmbh.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:19:46 +0200

Hi!

Using "select company from adresses order by company" I get a correctly sorted list of companies according to my setting GERMAN_DIN.

Using "select company from adresses where company >= 'K' order by company", lists companies starting with umlaut A (ae) followed by companies starting with K or larger.

How can I get Oracle to select as it sorts? That is, if Ae is sorted before K, do the same with select and NOT select Ae?

Thanks,

Thomas Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 07:19:46 CDT