Oracle 9i on Linux : Issues with downloaded files

From: Mathew <sheemat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 09:36:39 -0700

All the good people of the world,

I have downloaded the 3 files for ORACLE9i on Linux from OTN.I have noticed
while downloading that the byte size was not equal to what is posted in the
webpage for all 3 files. I am using my win98/DSL connection to download.

Once all the files are downloaded I ftped them to my UNIX machine(binary) and
started following the instructions.

gunzip on the file seemed to work fine as it created a *.cpio file but then when I tried to do a cpio -pdcmv , it takes a while and says that 'End of file reached' .This happens to all the 3 files..

Now since already 7000+ downloads where completed as per Oracle(I tried
4 times!),I must be doing something wrong. Am I just doing some thing stupid or what? My Linux is RH6.1, but then cpio and gunzip are the same for
all Linuxes(?).

Any body has similar experience? Does the byte size as indicated in the download
window matches with what is mentioned in the webpage...

Regards
Mathew Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 11:36:39 CDT